Here are some tips for mastering the perfect at-home mani-pedi:
- Start by cleaning your nails and removing any old nail polish.
- Soak your feet and hands in warm, soapy water for 10-15 minutes to soften the skin and nails.Use a pumice stone or foot file to remove any calluses or rough skin on your feet.
- Trim and file your nails to your desired length and shape. It’s best to file in one direction rather than back and forth, as this can weaken the nails.
- Push back your cuticles gently using a cuticle pusher or orange stick. Don’t cut your cuticles, as this can lead to infection.
- Apply a base coat to protect your nails and help your polish go on smoothly.
- Apply two coats of your chosen nail polish color, allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next.
- Finish with a topcoat to help your polish last longer and add shine.
- For a pedicure, use a foot cream to moisturize your feet and heels.
- To prevent smudging, avoid doing any activities that could damage your nails for at least an hour after applying your polish.
Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to at-home mani-pedis. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and nail art designs to find your perfect look.